[UConn] = requires a UConn NetID to access. [MM] = readings from Iacobucci 2018 Marketing Management. [VPD] = readings from Osterwalder et al 2014 Value Proposition Design
[MM] Chapter 1: Why is Marketing Management Important (all sections)
- Marketing is defined as an ___________ between an organization and its customers.
- Explain the three elements of Iacobucci’s marketing management framework (5Cs, STP, 4Ps)
- How would you map the 5Cs into the business model canvas & environment?
[MM] Chapter 16: Marketing Strategy (16-1, 16-2a)
- 16-1 Types of Business and Marketing Goals
- How does Iacobucci organize the different ways to increase profitability?
- How might you more usefully categorize the many ways we can increase sales volume?
- (hint, one approach is shown as part of Exhibit 16-9)
- 16-2a Ansoff Product-Market Growth Matrix
- Define the two dimensions and each of the resulting strategies
- What type of business risk is associated with each dimension?
[UConn] Video Summary of SWOT analysis
- What is the goal of a SWOT analysis?
- Define and provide examples of each of the elements in a SWOT analysis
- Describe the five market forces you would analyze in a market analysis, and provide examples of questions you might ask to evaluate each force.
- Describe how a SWOT analysis and an analysis of the business model and its environment can be used together to consider business model innovation.
- Business Model Generation: Business Model Canvas (requires email to download 72-page preview)
- Video outlining the components of the Business Model canvas
- [MM] 16-3 How to “Do” Strategy (another look at SWOT)