[UConn] = requires a UConn NetID to access. [MM] = readings from Iacobucci 2018 Marketing Management. [VPD] = readings from Osterwalder et al 2014 Value Proposition Design
- [MM]Chapter 4: Targeting
- Why does Iacobucci argue is it important to choose specific segments to serve?
- Explain Iacobucci’s two strategic criteria for selecting target markets.
- What other factors does Iacobucci suggest using when selecting target markets?
- Explain the general approach Iacobucci illustrates for sizing markets.
- Blank- Market Opportunity Analysis (1 min video) and TAM, SAM and Target Market (4 min video)
- Define Total Available Market (TAM), Served Available Market (SAM), and Target Market
- How does Blank suggest that you estimate TAM, SAM and Target Market size?
- Best- Market Potential and Market Growth; Accelerating Market Growth
- How do Best’s definitions of market potential and market penetration relate to Blank’s market definitions
- Outline the two types of forces that affect the rate at which new customers enter a market and the characteristics that “tip” customers into entering more quickly.
- Aulet- What is a Beachhead Market (2 min video)
- Why does Aulet argue it make sense to choose one market to initially serve?
- What are Aulet’s two key characteristics of a beachhead market?